As an essential service, MPECU remains open.
MPECU encourages wearing face masks inside facilities. Please continue to follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Minnesota Department of Health regarding COVID-19 precautions.
Your money remains safe with us!
Like all Credit Unions, MPECU’s member accounts are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) which is fully backed by the U.S. government.
You can access MPECU and your accounts via online and mobile banking as well as using your MPECU Debit and Credit Cards as usual. We are available over the phone Monday through Friday 8 am until 5:00 pm. We appreciate your patronage and your efforts to use the safer service channels of online, mobile, and phone banking in order to limit physical interaction.
MPECU offers several remote options for service:
- Mobile App Check Deposits: Deposit checks through our MPECU app. The app can be downloaded for iOS and Android phones by searching for ‘Minnesota Power Employees Credit Union’ in your app store. To sign in, use the same log in information that you use for your MPECU online banking.
- Online Banking: Pay bills and transfer money to other MPECU members online through MPECU’s online banking. Not registered for online banking? Give us a call, or go to the top of the page and click “Sign On” to enroll yourself in Online Banking.
- Bank By Phone Powerline System: You can access account history, make payments and transfers with Powerline Bank by Phone system. To get an access PIN for Powerline, please give us a call.
- ATM Fee Reimbursements: Get cash at ATMs with no fee with your MPECU Debit Card nationwide. Simply accept the fee at the ATM terminal, and we’ll refund you the next business day. Need an MPECU Free Checking and Debit Card? Give us a call or open one from inside your online banking!
- Night Drop Boxes: Night depositories are available at our Main Office located at Minnesota Power Headquarters (30 W. Superior Street, Duluth) and through our Drive Up at our Arrowhead Branch (3308 W. Arrowhead Road, Duluth). The ATM at our maurices Branch (425 W. Superior Street, Duluth) also takes deposits.
- Mail: You can always mail your check deposits and payments to us at:
30 W. Superior Street Suite 126
Duluth, MN 55802
- Phone: You can call us at (218) 336-1800 Monday through Friday 8 am until 5:00 pm.
Should we have any changes to our locations and hours availability we will alert you as soon as possible. Check for updates on our website www.mpecu.com. We will also email you at the email address we have on file—please check your junk mail filter to make sure you are receiving our messages. Also, we will be able to text you if we have your cell phone number on file.
Thank you for your support. We wish you and your family all the best during these challenging times!
Need Help Now?
If you or your spouse have lost your job(s) and are in need of loan payment deferment in order to help with your abruptly changed financial situation, call our Loan Department at (218) 336-1800 Option #3.
The FTC is warning about an increase in financial scams related to COVID-19. Keep yourself safe–read the details and find out what you can do if you’ve been a victim, here.
Economic Impact Payments to Deceased Taxpayers
If you have received an Economic Impact Payment for a deceased taxpayer, the IRS is requiring the payment to be returned.
IRS Instructions on how to return the payment
If the payment was a paper check:
- Write “Void” in the endorsement section on the back of the check.
- Mail the voided Treasury check immediately to the appropriate IRS location listed below.
- Don’t staple, bend, or paper clip the check.
- Include a note stating the reason for returning the check.
If the payment was a paper check and you have cashed it, or if the payment was a direct deposit:
- Submit a personal check, money order, etc., immediately to the appropriate IRS location listed below.
- Write on the check/money order made payable to “U.S. Treasury” and write 2020EIP, and the taxpayer identification number (social security number or individual taxpayer identification number) of the recipient of the check.
- Include a brief explanation of the reason for returning the EIP.
For your paper check, here are the IRS mailing addresses to use based on the state:
The return address depends upon the state in which the person lives. The instructions contain information for every state. For persons living in Minnesota, payments should be returned to:
Kansas City Refund Inquiry Unit
333 W Pershing Rd
Mail Stop 6800, N-2
Kansas City, MO 64108